Different types of metals and their uses
what is metal
A metal is a material that, when naturally arranged, cleaned, or cracked, shows a radiant appearance, and behaviors power and warmth moderately well. They are regularly moldable or bendable. There are different types of metals in which included: Ferrous metals Non-ferrous metal Noble metals etc.
Types of metal
The types of metal are divided into:
- Ferrous metals (ferrous metals): is a mixture of iron and carbon, this type of metal has been classified by this name because it contains different metals and used in several fields, and this class is very solid, and can be manufactured in different forms, and is a good conductor of heat Electricity, also characterized by high strength and its ability to withstand heavy weights and harsh environmental conditions and therefore used in the manufacture of heavy machinery and equipment, but it is corrosive over time and melts when exposed to high temperatures, such as iron and steel “steel.”
- Non-ferrous metal: metals that are used as a substitute for iron in equipment, machinery, etc., are non-heavy compared to ferrous metals, are less susceptible to corrosion, are softer, and needless pressure to manufacture them with any Form, and as a good conductor of heat and electricity, such as aluminum and copper.
- Noble metals: They are the least reactive metals such as noble metals. , Such as gold, silver, and platinum.
- Heavy metal is metal with high atomic weight and density, but less powerful than iron and other minerals, which are not widely available in nature, and negatively affect body health because they are toxic, such as cadmium and lead.
- Metal alloys are metal made from a mixture of metal in order to obtain certain properties, such as increased strength, wear resistance, or durability.
Physical properties of metal
They have a range of physical properties, including
- Good conductivity for heat and electricity.
- Their density is high.
- It’s melting point is high.
- Knockable and pullable.
- Solid at room temperature except for mercury. Beeps.
Chemical properties of metal
Minerals have a variety of chemical properties, including
- Electrons lose their last orbit easily.
- Exposed to corrosion.
- Oxides in their basic forms.
- It has a few electrolytes.
- Good reducing agents.
Uses of metal
Minerals make up about 80% of known chemical elements. Examples of their use are:
- Iron: Used in the manufacture of iron nails, iron plates and so on.
- Copper: used in the manufacture of electrical wire cables, plugs, and others.
- Aluminum: Used in the manufacture of corrosion-resistant utensils, and the manufacture of aircraft parts because it is lightweight.
- Zinc: Used in making dry cells, wrapping iron plates to prevent rust. Silver: used in the manufacture of silver coins.
you may also like: