Salt is a mineral called sodium chloride (NaCl). It is also called halite, rock salt, and table salt, which is of high purity and of great importance to the health of both humans and animals. For example, iodized salt is used to block the Poor diet of iodine in areas where the diet is lacking.
Table salt is used in many different industries such as chemical industries such as sodium bicarbonate industry known as baking soda, hydrochloric acid industry, and the manufacture of sodium hydroxide or caustic soda. It also has many other benefits such as its ability to reduce melting of ice or ice, it is used in large quantities In the northern areas to open snow-clogged roads, use it in the conservation, processing of hides, sausage industry, fish processing, soap industry, and other benefits.
The salt solution is known as the solution of mixing any type of salts with water, and the saline solution resulting from mixing sodium chloride known as table salt with water is the easiest saline solution, commonly known as the ordinary solution, sometimes referred to as the solution. Sodium chloride is 0.9%, which corresponds to the concentration of sodium in human blood and tears. The normal saline solution is used in different areas topically or intravenously, which can be available in pharmacies. Prepare it at home too.
Importance of using a salt solution
The importance of using saline solution lies in many things, including the following:
- Clean the nose: The saline solution is an excellent wash for the nose, which can get rid of allergens, mucus, and other impurities, alleviate symptoms of nasal obstruction, and prevent possible infections that may affect the sinuses.
- Eyewash: Saline solution can be used to wash the eyes because of the similarity with the tears of the human eye, it can be used in the case of dry eyes or itching, or when the entry of various impurities in the eyes, or enter the pollen, or soap, and to use the solution in washing Eyes can be placed in a clean bottle, tilt the head back, then put some drops into the eye.
- Wound semen: Saline solutions can be used to wash minor wounds because they are important in removing bacteria, foreign impurities from the body, and reducing the likelihood of pathogens.
- Washing contact lenses: The saline solution can be used to rinse contact lenses after cleaning and can be used to moisten these lenses, although it is necessary to pay attention to the importance of using a commercial cleaner for contact lenses, to prevent infection and reduce the causes of irritations. The long-time adhesive in saline.
Prepare salt solution at home
Saline can generally be prepared at home by following several steps to ensure that its concentrations are consistent with the concentrations in different human body fluids. This is done by choosing iodine-free salt, mixing it with pure distilled water, mixing a teaspoon of salt, and dissolving in one cup of Distilled water.
Preparation of salt solution for wounds
You should pay attention to the importance of sterilizing water when preparing saline for wounds, in addition to the need to renew the saline solution for each use to eliminate the possibility of bacterial growth in it, this solution can be made by placing four cups of distilled or boiling water in a bowl, and then add two teaspoons of Salt, and use of the solution after cooling – if the water boiled – to room temperature before putting it on the wounds, and it is important to follow the instructions of the doctor when taking care of the wounds in general.
Preparation of salt solution for children
The importance of saline solutions for children is to clean their noses, and their saline solution can be prepared by using iodine-free salt to avoid irritation of the mucous lining of the nose, where 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda are added to a glass of Boiling or distilled water.
Balanced saline is defined as the solution made for the physiological pH of various salts, in addition to its physiological concentrations such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, chloride, and calcium. This saline solution is used during surgical operations in the eyes, and to replace fluid contained in it.
Therapeutic benefits of salt
Water and salt only, this is all you need to get a salt solution, these simple ingredients available in your home enables you to get a solution for a variety of different symptoms, including acne, sinusitis, sore throat, and other symptoms, salt solution has a One of the therapeutic properties that provide you with a great effort in the search for materials and preparations that may be expensive, as well as it is a good disinfectant, so “Supermama” offers you a range of therapeutic benefits that you can get with this solution.
You can treat sinus infections by inhaling salt solution twice a day, which reduces congestion and soothes the pain.
The salt solution has an important role in the treatment of wounds, but the wound should not be open so that there are no complications, but after healing, you can wipe it with the solution, which works to treat it completely and reduce its effects on the skin.
Side effects of saline injection
There are many common side effects of injecting saline solutions in pharmacies, including:
- Redness and swelling of the injection site.
Note: You should contact your doctor when you experience some serious side effects, including the appearance of rashes, increased fever, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath.
Things to consider when using brine
When using saline solution, several important points should be considered, including:
- Wash hands thoroughly before mixing, and apply homemade brine.
- If distilled water is not used, saline should be discarded 24 hours after preparation.
- Avoid drinking brine.
- Do not use brine if it appears irritated or unclean. Use clean containers every time saline solutions are prepared.
Quick facts about salt
Salt is an important component of the human body. It plays a clear role in the functions of muscles and nerves, balancing different body fluids, etc. There are many facts associated with salt, including the following:
- The body needs salt in certain quantities, as a low or high percentage of it may cause some problems.
- The ratio of sodium in salt is 40%, so when the ratio of sodium to the content of the food should be multiplied by 2.5 to reach the actual value of salt in the product.
- The American Heart Association has set the maximum salt intake, limiting it to no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day, or a teaspoon of salt.
You may also like: